vrijdag 28 februari 2014

Catalogue picks for spring from Rienda, Cecil McBee, Duras and Lip Service

Before leaving Japan I managed to snatch a few spring catalogues from the stores! I know these catalogues often appear online too so it's not such a big deal, but it's just so much more convenient...I'm an old fashioned girl and I feel a lot more organized in material form than I am on computers...

So I've got the catalogues with my sticky notes in them ^^;; I actually scanned the things I liked... I suppose it's more work this way...but somehow I like it~
(Click the pictures for enlargement)

So to start with Rienda~


This thing they call resort pattern, or botanical pattern..especially the green set~
Why? Well because I've seen this worked very well before, actually, I bought a jumpsuit with a similar kind of pattern from Retro Girl last summer after one of my classmates rocked it~ But last year's trend was a lot warmer so she paired it with a camel blazer..it was so stylish~
And Me Jane has produced a gorgeous green botanical OP...maybe last year? it goes great with brown hair, looks great on tanned gals.


Well, this page sais spring color, but I'm actually just charmed by the jacket. Since last year I've seen a lot of oversized jackets and straight-cut jackets. The latter were very popular in Korea too, the long straight-cut jackets have a very elegant and cool effect on the wearer's silhouette, whereas the oversized ones look cute. I wanted to buy all the jackets I saw in Korea so much! That cut looks much better on me than classic jackets...corrects my posture~

 

These sets...I just love this kind of print~ It's so classical 2008/9 agejo to me~ I'm not sure I would still pull this off so well but I imagine this stuff with beautiful caramel curls and dolly makeup, maybe a nude or black jacket and nude or black strappy sandals, golden details or something..unf~


These sets, because they are sets~ I love seeing sets in general, I love the blue trend, this set on the left is denim I think. I love peplums. I love the flowy top/bottom sets too, they look so good under a long jacket or cardigan.. This silhouette is the new agejo to me~ Even though this is not something Ageha really promotes that much~



And lastly, well, it's Rienda's new line of lashes~ Honestly I don't think I would buy these, they are very natural and to me one or another natural lash..doesn't really matter much :x But I wanted to share the pictures because I think even with more natural make-up Rienda's Murami still looks super dolly! The cute rose-ish lenses and cool blush make subtile reference to the more artificial nature of gal make-up, but the eyemake is more romantic, I like it a lot :)

~*~

Next is Cecil McBee. They have so much stuff in different styles throughout the season, I don't think the catalogue really predicts that much~


These three looks, I didn't cut and paste them together, they were lined up like this, the right one is on the next page~
I like the left look for the printed set, this will be coordinated much more gyaru-esque on the streets I bet~ The middle one, this tunic, I'm not sure whether it's a dress...but I don't think so, look at how short is it...would look great with jeans-shorts and golden accessories for a D.I.A kind of look, but softer and more bohemian~
The look on the right is the only one I love 100%. The printed knit dress...ohhh I would so want a dress like that ;~; and it's so classy with the beige/camel-ish jacket and black accessories, so so classy and lady-like but still sexy~ I would love to see this on a model with long brown, sexy loose curls and no bangs~


This one on the left here, I love it for the peplum and the fact those bat cardigans apparently still sell~ I think they are very cute and I regret not buying them at Uniqlo when they were cheap :x
The right one for the printed pants~ I love that print and the colors, and I think printed pants are very sexy and cute!

~*~


Duras had a very sexy model with beautiful eyes~


I love everything about this look, the lace jumpsuit is so elegant and sexy, and will look great with a tan in summer! I see more yellow for spring and summer and it doesn't charm me as much as the blue trend but Duras presents it very well.

Another set in this yellow color, it's super cute, but I'm afraid this sexy model is a little too sexy.. it looks like a beach two-piece this way, especially with the wedges like that. Edge Style presented the set like this:


I'm super curious how the shop-staff are going to coordinate this. Stores like Duras and Lip Service present their items very differently in their catalogues than they do in-store. Shop-staff and mannequins show you how it's really used you know~


This last look for Duras, well...I love the modern tweed(-ish) sets that have been everywhere since last year, and I love classic tweed sets even more~ but I was also just tricked by the sex-appeal of this model...

~*~

As for Lip Service...Lip Service became maybe my favourite brand for their super stylish shop-staff, but a lot of their items are simple and this spring I don't see how the shop-staff are going to work these things out.. Curious~


This look, well I love the lace blue skirt, I was actually looking for something like this, but I wanted to coordinate it with something black~


I love these pages because they show the cool-ness of the color palette this spring, the white trend and blue trend, cool pastels and black or grey prints...last year it was all pink and salmon and warm beige, light caramel...I love the cool colors but at the same time I loved last year's warm colors so much too...I wonder how they're going to fit all the white with younger gyaru-style..


This is the last one for Lip Service and the last item for today, I love it because it's a set and I love the cool way they used the pattern in the high-waist top, this isn't a new concept, these sets were around since last year. I know real gals will make this look a lot better and cuter than this catalogue did...I don't think it looks so flattering here but this one is nicer than it seems:


Sooo, I hope this was interesting or helpful to you! I hope to take some stuff out of a few other brands' catalogues when they are available online :)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten