maandag 23 september 2013

Flowers for a necklace.

Starting with the detachable collar trend that started 2 years back, up to this year's 90's inspired chokers, the necklace trends tend to be cut close to the neck.

This year too, somehow the shorter necklaces are particularly eyecatching~ With chunky parts, used as links rather than hanging pendants~
I'm sure they've always been around, it's just that this year..they seem to have become indispensable...
The last few seasons we've seen the rise of the chunky chain necklace and Universal Doll predicted the big stone choker (you can see she has pretty much become my handbook ♥).
If you have any short necklaces sitting around, dust them off for this season~

I've seen a lot of them using flowers, which is something I've really fallen in love with~~ I think it's classy and romantic, and I think it serves a variety of styles~

In summer I started noticing it on the daisy necklaces~ Those Marc Jacob-like daisies were everywhere and there were necklaces like these:

One-spo's daisy necklace.

And these slightly more romantic ones with beautiful roses:

Lip Service

More abstract flower shapes:
Cecil McBee


These are more daisy like again, from Be Radience

I think especially the black ones are super classy for this season~ And the up-side of this is, they seem to be everywhere, especially Forever21 has proven to be quite a goldmine for floral necklaces~





Omg this last one has got my heart, the black flowers with gold details and rhinestones...I want thisss TT^TT

Sadly all I could find online for H&M online was this one:
Remotely floral, but maybe there's more in-store right now, I don't know that u_u.

I think these statement floral necklaces are suuuper romantic and a lot more versatile than they seem. I look forward to getting my hands on one!!

How do you feel about them? Would they fit in with your style or are they too much, or maybe too kitsch-y for your taste?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen