Now, socks in open shoes should be considered the worst fashion crime, or should it?
Let me tell you the story of how I came to love socks in pumps and strappy heels..
One spring day in my university I saw them, a nude pair of lace socks under black strappy wedges..not on the feet of a Japanese lady, nono, that may be expected of them to do... Instead I saw them on the feet of a fellow foreign student.. She pulled it off so elegantly, that little bit of cute lace...it was love at first sight.
Since then I observed many girls in my school wear the lacy socks under their pumps, sandals and Mary-Janes.. Usually the socks are nude colored, or in the color of the shoes, but sometimes they chose a cute pastel, or even a brighter color as a point to boost up their footwear :D
What are the benefits of these socks?
1. No more painful spots where the shoe rubs, on the heel or toe or where the strap of the shoe sits.
2. No more dirty feet from dust that your feet catch as you walk in sandals.
3. No more problem missing socks when you go shoe shopping or go into a house or restaurant where you are required to take your shoes off.
4. No more worries about your toes :)
5. Extra cute detail in the foot area :D
Since I couldn't find pictures of this way of wearing socks, please behold my weird feet (once again).
Even though I might not recommend wearing them to the Oscars, in my opinion these socks look elegant and cute, and a little more modest than a set of toes poking out..noone likes their toes..well not noone but many people feel weird about them.